Tuesday 5 April 2011

And So It Begins...

My dear friend Rock has just proclaimed himself the "President" of my fanclub. Here he sits at my side, offering words of encouragement as I attempt to hurdle this first paragraph. "The longest journey begins with the first step" he says. While I would generally avoid a zen cleche` such as this, I'll be damned if it hasn't worked!
And so it begins...
I have a few down days in the midst of a whirlwind schedule. Classic Albums Live has kept me going virtually nonstop for the last couple of months; the veritable feast after the famine. While it's great to be a Canadian musician with regular well paying gigs, I don't do all the shows on CAL's roster. I'm happy to be run ragged when the work is available. February saw an Ontario tour of Supertramp. In March we took Fleetwood Mac to Florida and The Eagles to New Jersey and Long Island. Saturday we're doing Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon in London Ontario, then hit the ground running with rehearsals for another Fleetwood Mac show the following Thursday in Richmond Hill Ont. After that, it's only a matter of days before I fly to British Columbia to tour the Pink Floyd show yet again. This pleases me greatly, for after so many years my family and oldest friends will finally see me perform. I left B.C. for Toronto in the late 80's and only recently reconnected with my first friends and earliest bandmates through the miracle of Facebook.
Ah, yes...the miracle of Facebook. This pleases me greatly...

2 comments:

  1. Reluctant blogger perhaps, reluctant diva, not a chance! ;)

    How are you, lovely? Besides being run ragged?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you getting your feet wet, Lester.

    Look forward to what you post.

    XO
    Joe

    ReplyDelete