Wednesday 4 December 2013

...Ok, so I didn't keep a 'Studio Diary' during the recording of my e.p. "Closure".
But DAMMIT! I finished something I started, which is a tremendous accomplishment. So it's just a 5 song e.p. and only 3 of the songs are original, it was a goal achieved and I have every right to be proud. From my first tentative attempts to communicate my ideas to the final realization of my artistic vision-right down to the art and packaging-the experience was immensely empowering. I never lost control of the situation, and rarely was there anything that could have been regarded as an ego clash. In fact the experience was so pleasant that Neil and I are talking about getting back to work as soon as possible on a full length c.d.

In the meantime I've been asked to collaborate with a British techno D.J. on 4 tracks, due this February. He has a deal and distribution with an English label. My name will be bandied about in some new and unexpected circles!

My sister, the artist Melissa Mary Duncan recently published a coffee table book of her paintings. I provided a 5 minute piece of music for her Youtube video. I recommend it highly, her work is remarkable!



No comments:

Post a Comment